Join our team!
General 54 is an independent boutique located in the heart of the Mile End. We are dedicated to sustainable and ethically made products as well as local/Canadian made design. We are searching for a manager who will lead with grace, motivation and energy.
As manager, you would help create an outstanding experience for our clients, through communication and connection while overseeing all the operations on the retail floor.
You are able to assess situations, take initiative and help our team in the various tasks of the week through your excellent leadership and experience in retail.
General Manager duties and responsibilities:
- Respond to emails from customers and designers
- Product management, receiving new stock in store, keeping inventory
- Search and correspond with new potential designers: vet for suitability, liaise with owners.
- Generate the monthly sales tallies
- Schedule staff/help organize replacements
- Organize cleaning protocols for overall maintenance of store with staff
- Oversee special projects (i.e.: window display, instore events, seasonal sales)
- Help with merchandising and display ideas to drive sales through effective use of the retail space
- Participate in seasonal buying sessions and manage POs / budgets
- Co-manage pricing with accounting department
- Assist in employee recruitment and training
- Oversee sales staff
- Work closely with the web manager to manage POS/webstore
- Help with promoting items on Social Media
General Manager requirements:
- 2 years experience in retail sales
- Bilingual in French and English
- A good knowledge of POS systems - specifically Shopify
- Excellent social skills (i.e.: for client and designer relations)
- An eye for and love for Canadian, sustainable and ethically made design
- Be available 3 ½ to 4 days a week
- Strong leadership qualities
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proactive nature
- Strong work ethic
- Highly organized
- Displaying strong customer service skills
- History of strong retail sales background
General 54 job perks:
- Excellent hourly wage with commissions and incentives
- Excellent work environment
- Flexible vacation times
Send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.